NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
The "America's Next Top Kitchen" Contest (the "Contest") begins at 12:01 AM eastern time ("ET") on May 27, 2011 and ends at 11:59 PM ET on September 30, 2011 (the "Promotion Period"). Internet Access is required.
The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States including the District of Columbia. Participants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older in order to participate. Employees of Rust-Oleum Corporation (the "Sponsor"), Facebook, Inc., their affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and such employees’ immediate family members and/or persons living in the same household are not eligible to participate.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, visit www.rustoleumtransformations.com/contest or www.facebook.com/rustoleum (the "Website(s)"), complete the entry form in its entirety, including all required information for yourself (the "Entrant"), upload one (1) before & one (1) after picture (the "Photos") of a total kitchen update including countertop and cupboard transformations, done in your home, type a project description of no more than 250 words describing how you affordably updated your kitchen – with a focus on value, and submit (the "Contest Entry"). Any Entrant submitting an Entry at www.facebook.com/rustoleum will be required to Like the Sponsor page to submit an entry.
Limit: One (1) Contest Entry per person, per household during the Promotion Period.
By completing a Contest Entry, you agree that the Photos submitted conform to the Photo Guidelines and Content Conditions/Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the "Guidelines and Conditions/Restrictions") and that Sponsor may remove your Photos if it believes, in its sole discretion, that any of your photos fail to conform to the Guidelines and Conditions/Restrictions in any way, in which case you shall be disqualified from the Contest.
- Each Photos must be no larger than four (4) Mb;
- The Photos must be in .jpeg or .gif format;
- The Photos may be color or black and white
- The Photos cannot have been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means previously.
- By submitting Photos, each Entrant warrants that the material he or she submits will be in all respects their original work of authorship. However, if any Photo depicts third party copyrighted materials, Entrant must submit a license or other permission from the copyright holder, sufficiently broad enough to permit all of the uses which Sponsor may make of it. If any entity makes a claim against Sponsor concerning a particular Contest Entry for copyright infringement or otherwise, such Contest Entry will be disqualified and the Entrant who submitted that Contest Entry will defend and indemnify and hold Sponsor harmless from any such claim.
- All individuals appearing in any submitted Photos must be the Entrant, or the Entrant must be able to prove, upon request and to Sponsor's satisfaction, that any other individual(s) appearing in the Photos have approved and released use of their image.
- Contest Entries must be based on true events and circumstances.
- Photos become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Photos must not display content that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- Photos must not contain third party brand names or trademarks. Clothing worn or other items visible in the Photos should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials.
- Photos must not contain material that is hateful, tortiuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Photos must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Photos must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Photos were created.
- Entrants retain the copyright to their Photos, and all rights thereto, except as follows. By entering the Contest, Entrants agree that Sponsor has the right to use the Photos for any lawful purpose it chooses. Sponsor will not license the Photos to any other legal person for a fee, however.
- In the event that ownership of any Photos submitted is contested in any manner, Sponsor will disqualify that Contest Entry. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsor to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- If, in Sponsor's sole discretion, any Contest Entry appears to have resulted in any injury or bodily harm, it will be rejected.
- Contest Entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, nor can it defame or invade publicity rights or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person's personal or proprietary rights.
- Any Contest Entry not in compliance with the above or that does not meet the Websites' requirements will be disqualified.
JUDGING/ CONTEST WINNER DETERMINATION:
Judging will be conducted by the Rust-Oleum Cabinet and Countertop Transformation Team (the "Judges") by October 31, 2011.
All eligible Contest Entries will be evaluated by the Judges based on the following criteria:
- Criteria #1: The quality and beauty of the improvement from the "before" kitchen to the "after" kitchen (75%)
- Criteria #2: The project description and the emphasis placed on affordability and value (25%)
The Contest Entry with the highest score from the Judges will be named the Grand Prize winner, the second-highest score will be named the First Prize winner, and the third-highest score will be named the Second Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the winner(s) will be determined by the Judges’ evaluation of Criteria #1 only. Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest.
Grand Prize: There will be one (1) Grand Prize of a $5,000 home center gift card.
First Prize: There will be one (1) First Prize of a $1,000 home center gift card.
Second Prize: There will be one (1) Second Prize of a $250 home center gift card.
The total value of all prizes available to be won is $6,250.
Winners will be notified by phone, certified United States mail, overnight courier, and/or e-mail. If Contest Administrator is unable to reach any potential winner using any of the above methods within five (5) business days, he/she will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be determined.
Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release and, where allowable, Publicity Release, within ten (10) business days from the date of notification. If the Affidavit is not received by the Contest Administrator within ten (10) business days, the prize will be forfeited. Grand and First Prize winners will be required to provide his/her Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. Failure to comply with this requirement for any reason, or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable, or noncompliance with these Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate potential winner. In the event that any potential Grand, First or Second Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize will be awarded to the Contest Entry that received the next highest score.
Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Prizes are not transferable. Sponsor will determine the home center to be associated with any gift card. No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion of the prize) of equal or greater value in the event the prize is unavailable. All taxes related to the receipt and use of any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, or late entries or for the failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with the sender or the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the contest.
Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winners' irrevocable consent and release to Sponsor and their agents to use, record, reproduce, publish, display, perform and translate: (1) the name, likeness, voice, quotations, opinions and biographical information of the winner, including without limitation any recording, for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, and/or for any other commercial or non-commercial corporate purpose, including without limitations for any and all marketing, without attribution or further payment or compensation to the Entrant, his or her successors or assigns or any other entity. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials, in print or electronic format, relating to this Contest. Federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply. By participating in this Contest, Entrants hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, the Contest Administrator, their promotions and advertising agencies, Facebook, Inc., and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or their participation in the Contest.
By participating, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges/Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering, or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the contest, Sponsor reserve the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor may prohibit an individual from participating in the Contest if it determines that said individual is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices or intending to abuse, threaten or harass other Entrants. Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent of the law.
For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Rust-Oleum "America's Next Top Kitchen" Winners List Request, PO Box 25497, Rochester, NY 14625. Requests must be received by 11/15/11.
US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Co, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625.
Rust-Oleum Corporation, 11 Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, IL 60061.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND/OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any data or images submitted into the Contest are being provided to Rust-Oleum Corporation and not to Facebook.